The Aluminum Plant is a species of flowering plant in the nettle family - native to China and Vietnam.
- Grows best in temperatures between 15-23* C year round
- At least four hours of indirect light per day (bright, but no direct sun)
- The aluminum plant is nontoxic for pets
- best when soil is evenly moist - water when the first inch of soil dries completely - do not let sit in water as it will often result in root rot.
- if you would like to keep the plant more bush-shaped, you can pinch off the growing tips of the Pilea so it doesn't grow leggy
- pilea are also extremely easy to propagate! Take clippings and let root in water - can be used to fill out existing plant!